Methodism has a solid foundation in the Muncie area, dating back to 1836. The congregation was founded in 1900 and has been built on this foundation of countless faithful Christians serving this community.
In 1929, the College Avenue congregation moved into the old Whittier School building. In the 1950s and ‘60s, the church experienced tremendous growth. In 1956, the present sanctuary was completed, followed by the education building in 1967. In the 1970s, ‘80s, and ‘90s, we continued to serve the community, especially college students. In the 2000s, we experienced lots of changes. Today, we’re emerging from a three-year strategic planning effort that has primed us for growth and outreach.